Monster Photos

onokeck 00:48 26 May 05

My friend keeps receiving digital photos as attachments to emails that are HUGE when opened. A picture of a dog shows a great huge eye! I can't explain to her what the problem is (think it's something to do with compression, maybe?) How can I help her to resolve this problem and be able to view the photos at their proper size? Casey

Tech Guys Inc. 02:06 26 May 05

Step 1- What internet provider do you have on your computer?

Step 2- What program do you use to open the picture files?

Step 3- What are the files saved as?

Tech Guys Inc.

jack 08:46 26 May 05

Are these images coming from a known source?
Because it is at that end who need the education to reduce images to 600x800 pixels before sending.
If the images are coming as an attachment then set the Mail program to block attachments.

There is nothing to be done at the recieving end - you can only recieve what is sent,- or not.

Diemmess 08:58 26 May 05

What is not clear to me is whether you can scroll to see more of this dog, or is the eye the only part of the file you have received?

The size of the attachment is a clue. If it is < 500Kb then it has been cropped rather than reduced before sending, while a monster file might be much >4Mb, and you will need picture editing software to be able to see it all at once.

Newuser4165 09:12 26 May 05

As Diemmess says you need to use picture editing software - not IE - to view it.If you have XP then use the picture and fax viewer program to view it.If it's too big then click on the" Best Fit" button on the bottom tool bar.

TomJerry 10:10 26 May 05

(1) Go to "Internet Option" from either Control Panel or under "tools" from IE

(2) Click "advanced"

(3) Move down to find "MultiMedia" and then CLICK "Enable Automatic Image Resizing"

done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…