Mono Laser Printers

OLD CODGER 11:53 24 Feb 04

Can anyone recomend a cheap Mono Laser Printer
for home use(I am fedup with blocked print jets)Are there any snags useing a Laser Printer? such as will the print last, will I need special paper.
I can use a "throwaway" colour printer for accassional use and use a online firm for photos

Belatucadrus 12:09 24 Feb 04

I'm using a Samsung ML-1210 that I got from Staples in December, price at the time £49.99. Compared with an inkjet it's very fast, uses perfectly ordinary paper and is one of the best PC buys I've made in ages. It came apparently with a low life toner cartridge, but it's been well hammered over the last couple of months and is still going strong. I have yet to find a downside to this purchase.

paulhg 12:24 24 Feb 04

I have been usinbg a Brother HL1250 for the past few years and it has proved fast and durable. The toner cartridge lasted about 2 years and a new one with increased capacity cost about £35. The paper is ordinary copy paper and the print is more durable than that of an inkjet. In fact my samples seem waterproof whereas inkjet print is not. Shop around, the prices can vary a lot. Good Luck. Paulhg.

Like Belatucadrus, I too have a Samsung, but the slightly earlier model to the ML1210(looks identical).

It's perfect for home use, small footprint.

The toner can be easily & cheaply re-filled as the cartridge has a pop-out stopper. (not that I've needed to do this yet).

Saw the ML1210 in Macro last week for £49.99 +VAT.

Highly recommended.

Edstow 13:57 24 Feb 04

I have eight ML1210 printers which are used for general purpose office printing. They work very hard indeed and are not particularly well looked after, being office machines. Had them about two years and as has been said above, highly recommended.

Sir Radfordin 14:22 24 Feb 04

As others have said the ML1210 (or Samsung IZZY which is the same model) is an excellent printer. I've bought several for various people and no-one has been disapointed. Providing you don't buy through the business side of PC World they do have them at a very good price - last time I was in there I was told they were actually a loss leader for PCW.

OLD CODGER 16:00 24 Feb 04

Thanks all of you for all your help will look into your recomendations
thanks again O C

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…