Monitors not working

chrispk 09:35 23 Mar 08

Wanting to know if anyone can help me here. The other day my sister was on my computer and she said she went to plug in her phone usb cable and when she did the computer froze. When she turned it off then back on again it all starts up but nothing comes on the monitors.
Have changed cables to monitors for some spare new ones i had but still nothing. Eat time i turn the computer on it comes up on the monitors 'no signal'.

Was wondering if maybe the graphic card is nackered some how.

Any help cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:21 23 Mar 08

Noises from PC?
Fans running Hard disk running?
leds lit?

Try booting to safe mode by tapping F8 during boot see if a menu system comes up.

chrispk 11:48 23 Mar 08

yes is noise from pc.
And fans and hard disk are both running aswell as led on comp on.
The ones on the monitors are green but when i turn comp on after the no signal message comes up they go orange as it is in standby.

Will try booting in safe mode later tonight as at work at moment.

Cheers

Gongoozler 11:58 23 Mar 08

Is there any POST beep or Windows startup sound?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 23 Mar 08

The ones on the monitors are green but when i turn comp on after the no signal message comes up they go orange as it is in standby.

Either graphics card faulty or sending signal that is "out of range" to the monitor.

Can you boot to the BIOS screen if yo know what key your machine uses to enter BIOS?

Also worth removing and refitting the graphics card to remake the connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…