Monitors

eccomputers 23:45 15 Jun 03

Hi all,

I am just looking for different opinions regarding monitors because so many people ask me which one to buy. I always tell customers to look at as many as possible on display because they are a personal thing. I remember the old days of hi fi when one person thought a system sounded great whereas another thought it was rubbish. I have seen tv sets that people think are brilliant, yet they look fuzzy or dull to me.
Does anyone have a different opinion to this?
On a last note, a customer of mine recently purchased a sony monitor costing over £1K and although it was huge, it didnt seem any sharper to me than my 19".

microswift 00:19 16 Jun 03

TFT's have three things in their favour, they dont take up much room and they look good, the display is generally excellent, and they dont give of any (or very little radiation). Re, CRT's trinitrons are generally better than shadow masks, they are inch for inch cheaper than TFT's, trinitrons too have excellent displays, I have three monitors, a TFT, a trinitron and a shadow mask, I am happy with all of them, but I wouldn't say no to a 19" TFT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…