monitors

polish 21:38 14 Mar 04

whats the best monitors conventional or flat screen lcd

MOMORRIS 21:52 14 Mar 04

I have worked with both and I would definately say, if you have the money, then go for an LCD. They are ergonomically sound, with little space taken, compared with the CRT. The picture is great, clear and precise.

Indigo 1 22:16 14 Mar 04

It really depends what you are using it for, some say that CRT are better for games cos they're faster while TFT have everything else under control.

Djohn 22:21 14 Mar 04

TFT's are literally getting better as each day goes by and most will now play games without any problems at all.

The advantages are great, the only drawback is that to get the best display from them you will need to run at the native resolution and this can make text too small for some people.

gudgulf 22:39 14 Mar 04

Lets also not forget price--A good quality tft screen at a decent size (say 17" and over) will cost a lot more than an equivalent crt monitor.However large crt's are bulky and may need reinforced floors and winches if you need to move them.lol

Quality wise you need to go and have a good long look at whatever you want to buy,after all you are going to be spending a lot of time looking at it.

Damn Computers 22:39 14 Mar 04

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me what the advantage is to have a flat screen with a DVI connector. Does it really provide a better picture?

Robotic_Rob 23:07 14 Mar 04

Ive heard off a friend that had a tft that his only lasted 2yr and it then burnt itself out. And now his back to crt. Whether or not it was his fault or he bought a cheap faulty one, i dont know.

Djohn 23:21 14 Mar 04

DVI will give a digital signal from a compatible graphics card and will be slightly better. If I already had a card with digital output then I would use it but I don't think it would be worth the expense of buying a card for this reason only.

If your chosen monitor has both types of connector then use the analogue connection until you feel the expense of a new card is justified.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…