//some 3rd party need geo

Monitoring Temps and Fans Who Do We Believe?

SDJ 11:39 04 Jan 03
  SDJ 11:39 04 Jan 03

Until recently I have used Motherboard Monitor as it was compatible with XP and I was quiet happy with the readings I was getting.
However as I use a Gigabyte MB I discovered that they had made their Easytune software XP compatible and it also included fan speeds and temp monitoring.
So I donwloaded it and it was around the time that I updated my cpu and case cooling measures so when it reported reductions in temps I was happy.

However, having read about speedfan (my machine is rather noisy) I downloaded that and one by one compared results.

MBM and Speedfan were exactly the same yet the Easytune reported back temps of sometimes over 10c less, so as you can imagine when under load I was getting 52c it could have been 62c making sence as my machine would crash.

So who do we belive? surely Gigabyte would be correct as they manufacture the motherboard?
Not wanting to fighten people into opening up their cases and adding more fans but it does pose a genuine question.

woodchip 11:48 04 Jan 03

use the cmos one that's accurate

SDJ 11:51 04 Jan 03

You mean MBM or Speedfan?
If so what are Gigabyte trying to do to us? Burn out our CPUs so that we have to buy a new one?

SDJ 12:03 04 Jan 03

Could you elaborate for me, I didnt quite understand which one you meant.

Cheers

woodchip 12:05 04 Jan 03

not a separate software one the one in when you enter cmos setup at boot

SDJ 12:08 04 Jan 03

Sorry didnt wasnt on the same wavelength.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…