Monitoring my broadband usage

Pineman100 17:30 13 May 05

I have recently converted to broadband, and have chosen an ISP who gives me a bandwidth of 2GB per month.
I downloaded a freeware bandwidth monitoring program called PRTG Traffic Grapher 4.2, in order to be able to monitor my usage, but this program seems very complicated and needs to be told my IP address. As I do not have a static IP this seems to me to be impossible.
I suspect the program is directed towards more professional users.
Can anyone please recommend a different freeware download that I can use, which will be simple to use by a non-expert home computer user?
I run Windows XP SP2.
Thanks.

Graham ® 17:33 13 May 05

There will be a facility on your ISPs site to monitor your usage.

Try this
click here
I use it to measure my Pipex allowance and it is simple :)

961 17:36 13 May 05

Down2Home from click here is dead easy to use and is free to download

octal 17:40 13 May 05

Well, I'm not sure of the value of the average monitor because all the ones I try don't really give a true representation of your own downloads because all the other traffic that goes on in the background gets monitored as well, but give these a try:

click here

click here

click here

Pineman100 18:03 13 May 05

Thanks one and all for fast, useful information.

georgemac © 18:23 13 May 05

that will probably be wanadoo then - enforce the limit but have no facility to let users check how much of the allowance is left!

I have a monitor but it also counts my network traffic so not entirely accurate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…