monitor/graphics problem

THOMAS 18:53 13 Jul 04

Hi
amd xp 2100cpu 512ram msi 6712 mobo sis300 32mb ram agp graphics.I built the above pc for a friend 2 years ago and just lately the display on the monitor(15 tft sony)is not visable it boots up shows the post and logo screen then shows only lines up and down the screen also the same with a crt and new cable.Thing is when i bring it home to check it it works ok have loaded the latest drivers and re seated the agp card it worked ok for him for 1 month and then same problem.I took it home and it works ok,with the cables he uses.Any ideas

PA28 19:04 13 Jul 04

You've done the normal. I would suspect (in the following order) (1) is the scan frequency set correctly - for a TFT 60hz will suffice (2) is the cable to the monitor OK, particularly if a replacement works (3) are the contacts on the graphics card clean (you have checked the seating) and lastly (4) is the card well ventilated to prevent overheating? Like I say, in that order!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…