Monitor/Graphics Card Resolution Query

MrSheen 18:28 20 Sep 06

Hi
I've just bought a Hanns G 19" widescreen monitor which has a recommended resolution of 1440 x 900. I've tried to set the resolution to this but it's not one of the resolution options.
I've heard that I might have to purchase a new graphics card but don't know how to tell which ones will support this widescreen setting.
Can anyone shed any light or point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Chris

gudgulf 18:35 20 Sep 06

What graphics card and pc are you connecting it to?

MrSheen 18:49 20 Sep 06

GEForce FX 5200 Graphics Card
Using XP, AMD XP2600, 512MB RAM

gudgulf 19:16 20 Sep 06

It appears that 1440x900 is not a resolution supported by the standard NVidia drivers.

Looking on Google there are a number of APPLE computers out there fitted with 1440x900 resolution screens and the GeForce 5200 graphics card.....so yours will definitely run that resolution.

Read this thread click here

You will probably need to get something like powerstrip which will let you run non standard resolutions.

MrSheen 19:27 22 Sep 06

Okay, ive got Powerstrip but can't for the life of me work out how to set my own resolutions!! Sorry if i'm being dim....all i seem to get is the standard resolution options i do normally. Can anyone help?
Thanks

DieSse 20:03 22 Sep 06

I've got a 5200 fortunately.

Go to Display - Properties - Settings Advanced

Click on the GeF5200 tab - a side menu will open. Click on the Sceen Resolution & Refresh Rates line (if it's not showing click the + sign next to GeF5200

At the lower half of the right hand pane you should now see Custom Resolution and Refresh Rates. Then set it to what you need.

MrSheen 20:12 22 Sep 06

Thanks DieSse
That's sorted it now!
Thanks everyone for their help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5