Monitor won't startup

big staff 10:46 13 Jun 03

When I switch my PC on roughly 8 times out of 10 my monitor won't start up. I have to hard shut down and it always comes on second go. My system is Compaq Presario with Intel 82810 embedded chip running Windows 98se. The monitor is a Proview flat screen cy565 model 568. Any help would be appreciated.

Pesala 16:16 13 Jun 03

Please check that cables are plugged in firmly and that no pins are bent on the monitor's signal connector (the D shaped plug with nine pins that fits into the back of the PC). This should be held in with screws, which should be tightened.

big staff 13:12 16 Jun 03

Thanks Pesala, I did get an extra turn on the screws but problem remains. I'm trying leaving the monitor switched on when I turn the pc off. Up to now it seems to have solved it.

big staff 11:10 18 Jun 03

Nope,I was wrong. It's still refusing to come on first go, always second! Strange behavior but I can live with it. Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…