Monitor will not run correctly

raysophie 08:44 03 Nov 09

I have a Viewsonic montior connected to a Medion desk top, when I start the computer up with the monitor on it willl display the Intel logo then the screen goes blank and the smal green lamp on the front of the monitoe flashes on and off to get it to work I have to switch off the monitor and leave it for time then turn back on and it is OK. If I mrss about with the mouse while it is blank it will go into progames (if that makes sense). It has just started doing this in the last couple of weeks.
Connected on digital imput

BRYNIT 09:06 03 Nov 09

If you are getting the Intel logo try switching the power off at the back of the computer hold the power button in for 60 sec and try computer again.

Check you do not have a CD/DVD in the drive and make sure you have not left any flash drive connected.

woodchip 17:29 11 Nov 09

I would say probably a Monitor Power Supply Problem

raysophie 17:31 11 Nov 09

I tried Brynit suggestion, which worked, but when I rebooted the computer it happens again.
I have tried starting computer with screen off then turning it on but still will not work straight away. The strange thing is that if I turn on screen without computer I get message 'No Image' but screen is just blank in working mode.
Is it more likely to be Monitor or graphics card, how can I test further. No other cards/drives /DVD connected

BRYNIT 16:13 13 Nov 09

I don't think it is the Monitor as you are getting the logo it could be a software or video card problem.

A couple of things to try.

Have you checked that the cable to the monitor is in correctly remove and reseat cable at both ends.

If your TV is capable of being used as a computer monitor try connecting it to your TV.

Knowing which Medion computer may help.

You could also try the Aldi/Medion support forum click here

If the Computer is still under warranty you could contact the Medion Help line Tel:0871 3761020

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac