Monitor when idol for 10 mins turns blank screen

erkmatrix 11:01 17 Feb 10

I don't know if its a windows 7 fault and if it can be solved but I was watching BBC iplayer on full screen last night away from the computer sat down and this used to be fine on my old windows xp setup I should mention but every 10 mins the screen would go into standby mode cause there's been no movement of the mouse or keyboard activity. So I kept having to get up and move the mouse, I've checked my windows 7 screen saver and its set to none so I wondered if anyone here can help me to alter the settings or where to look.

Technotiger 11:03 17 Feb 10

Check your Power Saving Settings in Control Panel, set each item to Never!

rdave13 11:08 17 Feb 10

Try this, go to start and type power in the search box. Select power options in the above list. In the window that opens select High Performance, then change plan settings, 'turn off the display'- never and 'put the computer to sleep' to never.

erkmatrix 11:28 17 Feb 10

Great thanks a lot guys, it was set to 15mins not 10mins but I've changed it now to 1 hour which should be much better.

Nice one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…