monitor and USB wont connect after installing GPU

sigiphian 01:46 20 Mar 17

Today I bought a Strix Geforce GTX 1050Ti After installing it, my monitors automatically go into sleep mode, and my none of my USB Connections will work, I have tried to clear the CMOS ( not sure if I did it right ), nothing happened, and whenever I try to put in my old GPU nothing works either.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:30 20 Mar 17

Have you reconnected a power lead from the PSU to the card?

sigiphian 13:39 20 Mar 17

Yes all of the Psu cables are connected. Im wondering if it is a mobo problem, since neither my new nor old GPUs work, along with I still get no signal when connecting my monitors directly into the motherboard as well, even with no GPU plugged in

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:16 20 Mar 17

Remove new card - refit old card - reset BIOS - retry

Resetting BIOS is usually done by moving a clear BIOS shorting plug from one set of pins to another on the motherboard, make and model of motherboard?

sigiphian 14:55 20 Mar 17

The motherboard Memphis2-S made by pegatron,I have tried to reset the bios before but it has 6 pins which is somewhat confusing to me, I probably didnt do it right earlier

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:48 20 Mar 17

click here bottom of page show CMOS jumper to clear BIOS

move the blue jumper plug to the middle pins for 10 to 15 seconds then replace on the first two pins.

power back on and see if your monitor comes on.

sigiphian 04:06 21 Mar 17

Everything is powerered back on now and working with my old gPu, now do I have to uninstall my old drivers and add new ones

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:44 21 Mar 17

I would just retry the new one with out installing drivers- windows should detect new hardware and install the driver if required.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac