Monitor turns on and off and makes a noise

waksh 15:15 11 Apr 08

Hi

I have recently come across a problem with my monitor, I have had it for a few years and have never had a problem with it until now. It turns on and off repeatedly and cant see any picture. While turning on and off it makes a clicking noise, is there an explanation for this.

please help

thanks

kash

ambra4 15:38 11 Apr 08

You have a problem with the power supply unit in the monitor

The ticking noise is the power relay switching On & Off

waksh 15:43 11 Apr 08

how do i resolve the problem??

ambra4 15:58 11 Apr 08

You will have to take to a repair shop which could cost more than a new LCD flat panel display as these are going at around 90-100 pounds for a 19"

click here&

waksh 16:06 11 Apr 08

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is there a chance it could be the fuse in the plug

johnnyrocker 16:07 11 Apr 08

none.

johny

muddypaws 19:32 11 Apr 08

I know nothing about these things, but saw this in a Maplin leaflet that came yesterday.Link:click here

Is it your answer?

martjc 19:58 11 Apr 08

...no one's asked is it a LCD monitor or CRT. The adaptor for a LCD is unlikely to click - not so with CRT.

martjc 20:06 11 Apr 08
  waksh 20:31 20 Apr 08

the monitor is LCD

ambra4 12:59 21 Apr 08

Not all LCD use a power pack unit some plug straight into the electrical outlet

Like I said get the monitor checked there is a problem with the power supply unit in the

monitor not getting the correct voltage via a direct electrical input or a power pack unit

The ticking noise is the power relay switching On & Off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…