Monitor test

Graham. 16:43 08 Jul 09

This will keep you busy for a few hours click here

I've got a new monitor, but I don't think my graphics card can do it justice - Nvidia GeForce 8400GS.

Graphicool1 16:48 08 Jul 09

If you've got Nvidia Geforce Graphics Card look in 'Control Panel' for the Monitor 'Nvidia Control Panel'

Graphicool1 17:39 08 Jul 09

I clicked your link and followed instructions to the letter. Went to turn off the 'Display Properties' Colour Management. It wasn't on! I did the test and found out why it wasn't on? It doesn't need any help as it passed every aspect of the test with flying colours! Which as an artist and photographer, I'm more than glad to know.

Not bad for a 7 year old CRT Monitor that is used for approx 10 hours a day every day!

Graham. 17:59 08 Jul 09

Thanks, I've reset the Nvidia to default. I'll go through the test again, the Monitor is LG W2361V.

Graphicool1 19:20 08 Jul 09

-
Remember the majority of the light in the room should be coming from the PC screen.

Go to your 'Control Panel'
Click 'Display'
Click 'Settings'
Click 'Advanced'
Click 'Color Management'

Default Monitor Profile: (should be set to <None>) Before you start the test.

Graham. 14:51 09 Jul 09

I'm on Vista, don't get the option of Default Monitor 'None'. Still not happy with the Contrast test.

What is your Graphics Card, please? There's a bewildering amount of new cards. As the monitor has an HDMI input, I'm looking at those with that output.

Like you, I'm mainly doing photos for 2 websites, so I need them to look their best. Many of them are sent in, so I have to enhance them first.

Graphicool1 15:37 09 Jul 09

-
My Graphics Card is...
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
7 years old, in fact my whole system is 7 years old.
The Monitor is a Hansol

Graham. 16:02 09 Jul 09

Thanks, my old computer had that card. I've just given it away (minus the HD) on Freecycle, so I can't try it.

woodchip 16:14 09 Jul 09

I still have Hansol, Mazellan 700P Good Monitor Problem's with Crt's are they are Big and Heavy if they need moving, also take a lot of Deskspace up.

Graphicool1 16:22 09 Jul 09

Have you got the latest Drivers for your Graphics Card click here
You don't really need a top of the range graphics card for editing photo's. If you're printing them out you want a good photo printer. I have an...
Epsom Stylus color 3000 A2 Large Format Printer.

You do need good editing software though. The programme I use is some 12 plus years old. Although I think you can still get an updated version it's...
Microsoft Picture It!
It can do anything I want it to and doesn't have a high learning curve. I think when they released it they didn't realise what they had. It's only limitations is my imagination. Everytime Web Blogs start waxing lyrical about new state of the art effects that 'Photoshop' and/or 'Z-Brush' are bringing out, I take a look and shake my head, while wryly smiling to myself. My Picture It! has never been updated and Microsoft have ceased to support it. Yet no art/photo editing software on the market today can touch it. It came out in 1996.

Graphicool1 16:25 09 Jul 09

-
That's very true. Luckily though I don't have to move it much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017