Monitor Switch Box ???

  special sophie 22:35 09 Feb 03

Hi all
I'm looking for a switch box but i cant find one. I have 2 PC's but just one monitor I want a box that would allow me to switch between both computers as and when I want while they are both running. I don't want to network the 2 PC's I want them to remain isolated from each other. Is there a box available for this and where can I get one from ?

  woodchip 22:42 09 Feb 03

You can get the gear you need from Maplin tell the guy what you want to do he should then show you what you need

  special sophie 22:45 09 Feb 03

Thanks Woodchip

  Lú-tzé 22:47 09 Feb 03

Its called a KVM (I think) - keyboard, video, mouse or some such combination. It allows you to use two (or more) PCs with one keyboard, video, mouse - hence the name! :-}

If I have the incorrect terminology, someone will correct me. flecc had a thread entitled "whose been keeping secrets" re. these boxes.

  woodchip 22:51 09 Feb 03
  Kudu 22:54 09 Feb 03

Try hereclick here

  Kudu 22:56 09 Feb 03

A-Z index under monitor switch boxes.

  woodchip 23:00 09 Feb 03

Typ KVM in search box

  special sophie 23:05 09 Feb 03

Thank you everyone I will check it out

  jazzypop 23:35 09 Feb 03

Flecc's helpful thread - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…