monitor swiches off when log off user??

greenimp 21:42 10 Jul 06

Hi all,
Hope I can find some assistance after hours of searching.
Ive just sorted a mates pc out, which involved installing a new graphics card and reinstalling xp. Also installled Zone Alarm
However, now when he logs off (to return to welcome screen) the monitor switches off although the pc is still running.

The only poss fix I've found is this:
click here
However running this is a registry edit, and I'm unsure of the implications if it goes wrong.

Hopefully there's a simple fix.

Thanks,
Paul

ade.h 21:48 10 Jul 06

Your link's not working... but I wouldn't have any compunction about a simple reg hack. Everyone needs to make one sooner or later. If you can give the correct link, I'll see what I think.

greenimp 21:51 10 Jul 06

sorry,
heres link

line 307
click here
Paul

ade.h 21:52 10 Jul 06

Anything from Kelly's Korner is totally trustworthy.

ade.h 21:55 10 Jul 06

Just checked the same value on my desktop and it is zero, so it's obviously okay. Whether it will cure the problem is another question.

greenimp 21:58 10 Jul 06

If I run the reg edit and it doesn't work, will system restore roll back the registery to before the edit was done (if that makes sense)??

ade.h 22:02 10 Jul 06

If it doesn't cure the problem, I can see no good reason why you would need to roll back; as I say, it obviously has no negative effect since my dekstop PC already has the zero value.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…