Monitor suddenly goes fuzzy

CliffP 00:40 10 Dec 03

A friend's monitor (CTX 17" with a Trinitron tube) works fine. Until suddenly it goes fuzzy, like it's out of focus. Degaussing has no effect. Switching the monitor off and then back on cures this problem - temporarily. After a while, the same thing happens. Checked all cables, graphics card seated properly, correct drivers loaded etc. Does this sound like a hardware fault? I've never seen this behaviour before...

Regards

Tazfan 00:44 10 Dec 03

How old is the monitor? It sounds to me as if it is on its way out. If less the three years old, it may still be under guarantee, as most monitors have a three year one.

CliffP 00:58 10 Dec 03

It's definitely over 1 year old - he bought the system mail order, although that shouldn't pose a problem if it is still under warranty. I'll get him to check his paperwork, although I would have thought the monitor would only come with the statutory 1 year warranty and not 3 years? You live & learn...

Tazfan 01:07 10 Dec 03

If its only a year or so old, I would almost bet my bottom dollar that it has a three year warranty on it. Most monitors do, and most are on site. Let the manufacturer know there is a problem, and they will courier you out a new monitor, with the old one being picked up at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…