Monitor started Flickering!

AngeTheHippy 23:00 27 Dec 06

Hi Chaps, Firstly I wanna wish you all the best for 2007. May your IT problems be few!!

These past few days my CRT Monitor, a Mitsubishi diamond plus 73 which has been fine for the past 5 years has started flickering. I've played around with the refresh rate, it's currently on 75Hrtz which is the highest it will go. It isn't flickering all the time, it sort of goes a bit dark, then lighter before settling to normal display. Sometimes a very slight greenish tinge before settling back to a normal colour again.

Do ya think it's on it's way out?

AngeTheHippy
xx

Technotiger 23:05 27 Dec 06

Hi, in my humble opinion - Yes! Time to get yourself a bargain somewhere, in the Sales perhaps!

Happy New Year.

Technotiger 23:11 27 Dec 06

Just for a taster ...

click here

AngeTheHippy 23:15 27 Dec 06

I've gone all tingly Technotiger... 8-D

Been REALLY wanting to get a 19" LCD for months but couldn't justify shelling out when nought wrong with the old screen!! Sooo - does this mean I can REALLY GO AND GET ONE NOW??

They have really dropped in price quite drastically over past 6 months.

Watch this space..

AngeTheHippy
xx

rodriguez 23:59 27 Dec 06

Yep get yourself a nice TFT - they'll fit nicely on your desk. The old CRT one should be taken to your local rubbish dump and disposed of. When I got rid of 2 of mine I gave them to the bloke in the hut who sorted it out - don't throw them in the skips. Also don't give it to anyone to take apart or repair - the tube inside operates at an extremely high voltage and a shock from it will kill instantly. ;-)

palinka 17:18 28 Dec 06

I was in your position, AngeTheHippy; wanted a TFT but couldn't bear to throw out the old CRT that was fine - until the day I had problems with the picture and then later it started to smell like melting plastic.
Took it to the tip, where it joined a heap of similar, and bought a 19" TFT with a clear conscience. Wonderful! Go for it!

AngeTheHippy 16:42 29 Dec 06

I'VE DONE IT!!!!

See the link below, I think this seems a pretty good deal - especially the warrenty thingy AND free delivery. Reviews quite positive too. Can't wait for arrival now, expected after 4th Jan.

Will keep ya all informed.

click here

AngeTheHippy
xx

Technotiger 16:47 29 Dec 06

Hi, nice one, well done - and Amazon are very good on delivery too!

Happy New Year

AngeTheHippy 16:53 29 Dec 06

Only ever had books from Amazon before, and yeah - they are good with deliveries.

All the best for 2007, Technotiger

AngeTheHippy
x

AngeTheHippy 10:35 07 Jan 07

Despached from Amazon Tuesday, arrived late Thursday!!!

Wow, am I pleased with it? ABSOLUTELY!!

Nice large display, tiltable screen, NOT heavy, only down side is the internal speakers. Bit tinny, but I can live with that.

Wonderful bargain for £119.00

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…