Monitor slow!!

osben 11:15 02 Mar 08

Hi

I have just swapped my TFT monitor over onto my new computer but it seems to be very slow in response. When I scroll down on the internet, the screen is very slow in refreshing itself.

I do not have this problem when the monitor is connected to the old computer.

Also when in Desktop and I click on the start button to bring up the list in the bottom left of the screen and then open up another sub- list, the response is not immediate by any means. It is almost as if the boxes fade in.

I am using the same operating system ie Windows XP and the graphics card is considerably better on the new machine than the old machine.

Is there a setting that will overcome this that I haven't made in windows or what.

Hope the above makes sense.

Rgards

big bloke66 11:22 02 Mar 08

Are you sure its the monitor and not you`re new computer?. Have you tried a different monitor to see what happens?
bb66.

osben 11:25 02 Mar 08

Hi big bloke66

Thanks for your reply.

No, I haven't got another monitor to try until the new one I have ordered arrives but I did try one a while back and it seemed OK.

Any other ideas.

Regards

ambra4 11:50 02 Mar 08

It not the monitor you need to tweak windows XP

Right click on my computer- properties-advanced-click performance setting-change to

“Adjust for best performance”

osben 12:04 02 Mar 08

Hi ambra4

That doesn't help.

I already have that setting but thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…