monitor signal out of range

sammy2 14:49 22 Nov 05

I have got a bit of a problem with a larger monitor. It shows installing windows, then goes to `continuing to load windows` but then shows the message `signal out of range,125KHz 173 KHz` which floats around the otherwise blank screen for ever. I can`t even shut it down properly.
I have tried to adjust the refresh rate(using the smaller monitor) but in win98 this does not appear in settings.The system is not on internet but can I download a different driver on another pc?

sharkfin 15:15 22 Nov 05

can you adjsut the refresh rate via the monitor control itself?

Smiler 15:19 22 Nov 05

What about trying it in safe mode

sammy2 15:46 03 Dec 05

Thank you for help,and the problem is resolved. I started in safe mode which allowed me to adjist refresh rate.I downloaded a driver on another pc for the monitor and transferred on a usb key to the affected pc.I don`t know which cured the problem.

sammy2 15:47 03 Dec 05

Thank you for help,and the problem is resolved. I started in safe mode which allowed me to adjist refresh rate.I downloaded a driver on another pc for the monitor and transferred on a usb key to the affected pc.I don`t know which cured the problem.

sammy2 15:47 03 Dec 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…