Monitor - 'Signal out of range'

gravesend46 11:44 10 Nov 05

Have a problem with my sister's Shuttle XPC with two monitors displaying signal out of range message.

I know about changing refresh rates in the display properties, but I'm trying to reinstall Windows so I can't actually get to any Properties before the monitor goes blank and displays Out of Range.

I've had a look in the BIOS and there's nothing obvious there, I then try to install Windows which progresses fine as far as the initial installation is concerned, but upon reboot I can't get any further because the moniotr refuses to display anything! I've also tried booting in Safe Mode, but same problem.

Gongoozler 11:51 10 Nov 05

Is this a very old monitor? I've had this problem with an old monitor that couldn't handle the graphics settings on the computer, and I had to find a monitor that did work before I could change the PC graphics setting to something compatible with the old monitor.

gravesend46 11:54 10 Nov 05

Sadly not! One is a fairly new (albeit naff Proline model!) and the other is an LCD TV with PC input which has worked fine with other PCs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…