Monitor shutting down

Gigs 11:18 16 Feb 03

I have got a Relisys 17" monitor and running under Win 98SE.

On irregular intervals the monitor suddenly shuts down although the computer is still running. It sometimes comes back if I tap the 'enter' key but other times I have to restart. It does'nt happen with any particular program.

The screen is running in 800x600 High Colour (16 bit). Is this correct? When can you use True Colour (32 bit)?

Thanks in advance.

MichelleC 12:41 16 Feb 03

Check leads, can work loose. Or check in device manager to see if drivers got a yellow! I'm 98se and use 32 bit.

siouxah1 13:25 16 Feb 03

Have a look in control panel/ display / screen saver / power and check the time set to close down the monitor.

With a 17" monitor the accepted res is 1024 x 768.

As for 16 bit or 32 bit, it will rely upon the capabilities of your monitor, graphics card, the resolution and refresh rate chosen. Give it a try, the display should return to original if wrong settings are chosen.

For me 16 bit looks no worse than 32 bit. The difference between 64000 and 16 million colours. Depends on what your eyes perceive.

Regards Brian

Gigs 15:19 19 Feb 03

Thank you both very much for your replies. I'm very sorry to have taken so long to reply. I havn't logged on since posting.
I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…