Monitor shuts down for no reason while in use

Manon 15:18 16 Aug 04

For a couple of weeks my monitor shuts down while I am working on Internet and cannot be revived by pressing key/spacebar. Pressing "restart" or "start" does not work either (tower still powered at this point). I have to switch off (and to succeed I have to press "start" for several seconds). I then have to unplug the "mains" lead to the tower and press "start" for at least 35 seconds and then release, plug "mains" lead back onto tower, and press start again in the normal way. As the system was not shut down properly scandisk comes into play; I can then go back to work. I have just changed the monitor (for unconnected reasons) and the problem is still there; the power box has also been changed without solving the problem. What does need looking at next? Help! (My system is 4-years old and was bought from Evesham who do not want to know as it is out of warranty - and although I am supposed to have "lifelong" helpline facility, it is obvious that they are not interested).
Manon

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:39 16 Aug 04

Try updating or re-installing your display adapters(graphic card drivers).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…