Monitor settings problem returns!

Brazils 09:11 22 Apr 04

I have a problem that had started recently, but yesterday I thought with the help of this forum it had been resolved.

click here

I was wrong.

When I alter the screen settings on my monitor to fit to the edges, when I reboot it is often wrong again and has to be reset. The image either is too tall or moves up, or becomes wider etc.

Monitor Mitsubishi diamond Pro 750SB ATI radeon 9700 pro (latest drivers) DirectX 9.0b

NaViSet downloaded and installed, yesterday. PC fine all day, even with restarts to test it. Powered off last night, and rebooted this morning and the problem has returned.

This is becoming very annoying.

dazzling 09:34 22 Apr 04

where are the settings stored when pc is off?i dont know the answer to your problem but it seems like a problem you would get when you have a flat battery ie it works while ac powered and hold settings when switched of for short periods but overnight loses its settings.if you reset it all does itwork all day including reboots but loses them again after being of a long time.just a thought darren.

Djohn 10:19 22 Apr 04

Could also be the memory settings of the monitor itself as they do not seem to be able to remember your inputs. A call to the tech. dept of the monitor will soon sort the problem for you and if the monitor is less than 3 years old they may well deliver you a new one, picking up the faulty one at the same time. j.

Brazils 13:52 22 Apr 04

Thanks

I think I will contact Mitsubishi.

I have noticed, when I switched off the monitor and then switched it back on after booting, it then worked fine at the settings I set yesterday!

Therefore Windows was running when it was switched on and it used the correct settings.

When the monitor was on while the PC booted, it did not receive the settings from Windows, for some reason?

Brazils 08:59 23 May 04

Monitor spent 10 days with Mitsubishi after they assured me it was a hardware problem.

Booted this morning and guess what? Display all wrong! Display has moved down and left and need the height adjusted to get back to normal.

Switching the monitor on and off didn't fix it this time.

My son thinks it's something to do with the game C&C Generals?

This is driving us mad! Please help if you can.

Thanks

Brazils 15:18 23 May 04

refresh

Wak 16:14 23 May 04

Have you tried removing the game C&C Generals to see if it makes any difference????

Brazils 17:09 23 May 04

I have just left XP on the login screen and when I came back the monitor was in standby. On waking the system the display was wrong again.

Wak

We want to play it. It was installed before the problem started and sometimes it fixes the problem???

Brazils 08:16 24 May 04

refresh

Brazils 20:20 24 May 04

refresh

Brazils 16:44 28 May 04

I have spoken to Mitsubishi today and they assure me it's a monitor fault.

They are coming to collect it again!

It is the screen size and settings that keep changing. I have noticed this can be brought on by many things, such as:

powering off,
sreensaver activation,
opening a window full screen,
playing a game full screen.

I hope they fix it this time, as I am annoyed that I'm losing my monitor for another 10 days.
The swap out warranty only applies if your monitor is in new condition!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…