Monitor screen size

Bogbrain 20:52 13 May 07

Monitor screen has gone a bit haywire due to 'darling' child. Scteenm width ok just height top to bottom has gone a bit wonky. It's now too 'stretched out' Tried re-booting tried resetting screen resolution tried control buttons on the monitor itself none of which helps. Have had to re-set the screen resolution down a size to get everything on the screen, which isn't really much of an improvement.
Any suggestions to rectify this please, apart fromn the obvious of shoving a 3 yr old in a box and leaving them there.

SANTOS7 21:21 13 May 07

Have you tried "system restore"

Bogbrain 21:31 13 May 07

Yes, I forgot to say - already tried to do a system restore as well and got told unable to do system restore. This is on XP so presumably there's an auto system restore enabled, which I know for a fact is working. Thankyou for suggesting that anyway - any other ideas beyond that?

Totally-braindead 22:02 13 May 07

Is it possible the little darling did something softwarewise? What I mean is could the angel have deleted something?

What I would be tempted to try is reinstalling the graphics drivers first. It certainly won't do any harm. And should reset all graphics settings, hopefully back to default.

TonyM 10:10 14 May 07

Most likely that the actual monitor hardware settings have been played about with ....depending on the model of monitor there should be a few buttons on it (usually just below the middle of the screen , which allow you into a menu to adjust the picture ...size/tilt/stretch etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…