Monitor "screen out of focus"

TimCDC 20:46 09 Jul 03

I've lost picture clarity on my monitor. The refresh rate, and the resolution rate remain as they were previously (75Hz and 1024 x 768, both of which are the maximum the monitor and driver will take). I guess I must have accidentally tweaked a setting somewhere, but I'm wondering what?

Gaz 25 21:24 09 Jul 03

Ummm, can you try another monitor?

It could be your monitor has decided to go duff.

I have no reason to think a setting would make your screen out of focus?

Very odd.

Regards,
Gareth

TimCDC 21:28 09 Jul 03

Its not so much out of focus, but more as if it has lost a bit of resolution. But I know it hasn't, as the resolution setting was still 1024 x 768

hang on. As I was writing this message, I decided to try turning the resolution down, and then back up...

And now the problem has gone away. So, problem solved, but I wonder if anyone can tell me what just happened there?!

Gaz 25 21:34 09 Jul 03

Umm, Odd one.

TimCDC 22:13 09 Jul 03

Well, at least I'll know what to do next time!

DieSse 22:18 09 Jul 03

Sometimes a program (usually a game) will change the resolution, and doesn't change it back again correctly afterwards.

TimCDC 19:54 10 Jul 03

Thanks DieSse - that may have been it - I had been running a shockwave game that I believe may alter the screen resolution. Interesting that I hadn't noticed this problem before, but this seems the most likely explanation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…