Monitor screen has gone red - what can I do ?

The_Aardvark 21:36 16 Jan 07

Turned my PC on this morning, and my monitor screen now has a red 'hue' to it. Haven't changed any settings, it just seems to have happened by itself.

I did install a new Geforce 6200 graphics card last week, but everything has been fine up until this morning.

Also, when I try to adjust the Brightness, Contrast etc on the monitor, I'm just getting Japanese characters appearing, and nothing seems to work.

Is it simply that my monitor has 'died' and I need a new one, or is there anything else I can do to try and sort this one out ?

Many thanks

VoG II 21:40 16 Jan 07

Substitute another monitor.

Technotiger 21:42 16 Jan 07

Hi, have you tried adjusting your Display in the normal way, via right-click on desktop/properties? Just a thought.

SANTOS7 21:43 16 Jan 07

Similar happened to me a while ago but mine went green, confirmed it was the monitor by borrowing one off me mate whidh worked, it was one of the light guns that had gone
click here

there are three RED GREEN BLUE if one of those goes its usually adios monitor hello shinny new one..

Diversion 21:47 16 Jan 07

Try your monitor in the onboard graphics socket if it's the same in that all you can do is follow VoG's advice

STREETWORK 21:49 16 Jan 07

You say that you have installed a new card.

1. Unseat and reseat the card firmly.
2. Check the cables.

Try another monitor to eliminate a graphics card problem.

Can you degauss the screen?

it is a crt monitor, im guessing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017