//some 3rd party need geo

Monitor screen getting darker.

phil 16:43 15 Feb 04

I have a HP M70 monitor and a few weeks ago the screen started to go dark. Now everything is getting so dark that bright green appears as dark green and blues as almost black.

I've checked all the settings and now have the brightness and contrast set to maximum. The graphics card is an onboard Intel one and that seems to be ok.

I've re-installed both drivers for the monitor and graphic card with out any improvement.

Is it the monitor on the way out or the graphics chip.

g0nvs 16:54 15 Feb 04

Sounds like the monitor is failing. Can you borrow another to try ??

phil 20:32 17 Feb 04

Thanks g0nvs

I've swapped it with another monitor and the original one is definitely faulty. I have enquired and been told that the Red something controller is u/s.

It's booked in for repair tomorrow. Shouldn't be too expensive, say's he.

oldpcman 16:18 14 May 04

My monitor is doing the same as your's Phil. Did you get it fixed?? How much did it cost??
I've got a 23" monitor that's only just over 2 yrs old. Lots of money for 24 months work. The previous one was a 17" and was still going strong after 6 years.

phil 19:41 14 May 04

This one's been dragged back from the depths then!!

Yes I did get it fixed but not by a professional repairer.

He told me that the tube was on it's way out and was beyond repair.

A mate at work, I work for an electric wheelchair company, had a look at it and found a dry solder joint inside the tube electrics.

Two minutes and it was fixed.

Shame really, I fancied a new flattie.

Wak 19:56 14 May 04

For what it's worth a lot of monitors are covered by a three year warranty.
Check with your supplier and the Monitor manufacturer might even deliver a new one to your door.
I bought a complete PC from PC World but their warranty was only for twelve months. (just my luck!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…