Monitor RGB Compliance

fazer 14:45 03 Sep 03

Having recently brought a digital camera and downloaded images onto my PC, I now appreciate the importance of RGB compliant monitors as I can never seem to print accurate colour renditions compared to what I see on my monitor.

However, looking through the spec sheet of my monitor, it does state that it is RGB compliant and the monitor has in fact the RGB sockets at the back as well as the usual "normal" socket. The only mention of these RGB sockets is that I have "a choice" which ones to use.

What I need to know please, is do I have to use a BNC cable (thus using the RGB sockets) for a monitor to become "RGB compliant" or is it compliant anyway using the ordinary socket.

Thank you in anticipation.

toxin 16:10 03 Sep 03

Hi Fazer!

Try the following:-
Goto Settings>Control Panel>Display>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Colour Management>Profiles assoc with this device.

Select sRGB color space if available and set as default.

If not available,click add, should bring up a list of profiles from your Windows>color folder,click to select one, make it the default and try again.

Hope this helps, Toxin

fazer 16:44 03 Sep 03

Thank you Toxin, I will try that.

But do you know whether I have to use the RGB sockets with a BNC cable for the monitor to become RGB compliant?

BarryKeith 18:22 03 Sep 03

You do not need to use the BNC connectors for anything, they are only there to make the monitor "Backward compatible", in other words, so that oldr computers with separate RGB outputs could be connected.

fazer 18:35 04 Sep 03

thank you both - am now happy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…