Monitor reverts to safe mode

Dobba 18:26 29 Jan 03

First, thanks to the Helproom for sorting three queries out for me, (in a matter of minutes!) - let's hope you people out there are just as good with this one!
I am running Windows XP Home with an iiyama Vision Master Pro 411 monitor. For several reasons, I decided to format my hard disk and start all over again. The format has gone well and I am now busy putting all my data back on again.
Problem is that every so often, sometimes minutes and sometimes a couple of hours, the screen freezes, then I get a message saying a serious glitch has occurred and the screen goes into "Safe" mode.
On some occasions when it glitches, it tells me that my monitor driver might be the problem.
I have been on to the iiyama site and have downloaded the current driver but when I try to check, the screen tells me that it does not need a driver and none is installed. This may well be the problem but I can't seem to get round it.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

Djohn 18:39 29 Jan 03

Control panel and click on display/settings, and then, Advanced/adaptor, make sure graphic card is set to optimal.

While in there click on Monitor tab, and select "Change", from the drop down menu choose your monitor, all should then be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…