Monitor resizing

spikeychris 11:40 31 Mar 03

This is a shot in the dark as I can't see how it would work but here goes.
Busy day today so I don't have time to trawl, has anybody come across any software that will resize a monitor screen. My son (god bless the little wot-sit) has broken the *down* button on one of my monitors this means that the screen is off set and I can't reset it.

Ive tried factory settings but its still way off. The resolution, colour, refresh rate are all fine.

Cheers

Chris

dawnyworld 12:25 31 Mar 03

try taking the back off your monitor the board in side might just need reseating

Zaxifone 12:27 31 Mar 03

I personally wouldn't take the back off as a monitor holds a charge that could blow your head off.... :)

Z.

dawnyworld 12:29 31 Mar 03

its not that dangerous if your careful
i take mine off all the time to clean out dust

Zaxifone 12:33 31 Mar 03

So what parts are safe to touch?

Z.

spikeychris 16:10 31 Mar 03

Once more before I get home and re-install.....

Chris

spikeychris 18:24 31 Mar 03

Re-install::

Djohn 19:17 31 Mar 03

I'm sure you are most careful and know what you are doing, but it is an extremely dangerous thing to do, or recommend.

There are many people that read these forums and the last piece of advice I would give, is to take the case off the monitor.

The monitor holds for a long time, days/weeks a very high voltage charge that can, and will cause lethal injury. Regards to you. J.

spikeychris 19:23 31 Mar 03

Someone said somewhere that if your short of space then fix things in the bath, whilst your at it have a wash so here goes.......what was that you said about electricity zzzzzzz ahhhhh

Djohn 19:46 31 Mar 03

Is it possible that your monitor has a software driver/ini. file that you can use, or even a third party one that you can download.

My Taxan monitor had it's own software driver, and this gave a onscreen display and full adjustment to all of the settings.

Regards to you, and don't stay in that bath too long! :o)

spikeychris 20:03 31 Mar 03

Tried the drivers, no joy, re-installed and all is well. Thought I'd drown said son in the bath I was catapulted out of ;o)

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…