Monitor repair ?

cosi 14:04 10 Jun 04

My CTX 960F went twang last week & died. No power. Just before everything seemed ok picturewise, so I thought it might be the internal fuse. Nope that seems all right, but there was a nasty stain & smell coming from what looks like some sort of inductor coil.

Anyway reading around & after a few calls, I reached the consensus that it would be cheaper to get a new one (or at least a second hand one again). Which I have now done.

But it seems an awful waste to chuck my old one, especially if as I suspect the problem is somewhere in the power circuit.

Can anyone out there either suggest a cheap repair in the Oxford area or how I might go about attempting a repair ?

many thanks

spuds 16:46 10 Jun 04

If you have a hour or two to spare, the answer might be > click here

TECHNODIMWIT 17:42 10 Jun 04

be carefull if playing inside monitors as there are some very high voltages, and the capacitors hold this charge for a long time, several thousand volts tends to alter your hairstyle slightly, best to find someone who knows what the are doing, .

have you tried an old style tv repairshop.

dimwit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…