Monitor refresh rate advice

YAN003 16:53 12 Feb 04

When in settings and advanced..(ATI CONTROL PANEL)monitor tab shows max refresh rate 120htz but the display tab shows a max reported refresh rate of 160htz.The DDC info is ticked and refresh rate overide reveals 120htz but if unticked box below reveals a refresh rate of upto 200htz. If that makes sense to anyone please let me no what the best refresh rate to use and if the DDC info should ticked or unticked. 9800XT GRAPHIC CARD DIAMOND PRO 2070 MONITOR.

Forum Editor 17:17 12 Feb 04

of 100Hz - it's pointless choosing a setting higher than that because you won't notice the difference.

YAN003 17:32 12 Feb 04

Many thanks I think that answers my question.

Stuartli 17:36 12 Feb 04

A refresh rate of 85MHz covers the requirements of virtually all monitor users regarding the need to avoid flicker and unnecessary eyestrain.

Stuartli 17:41 12 Feb 04

Re your "ticked" box - you may be referring to the facility to not display any resolution or refresh rates that your graphics card cannot handle.

Mike ® 18:36 12 Feb 04

"A refresh rate of 85MHz covers the requirements of virtually all monitor users regarding the need to avoid flicker and unnecessary eyestrain."

It could have been worse you might have typed GHz instaed of MHz.

YAN003 19:21 12 Feb 04

I thought the higher the refresh rate the better games would run. The ticked box is under the diplays tab (ATI control panel).this gives DDC information...max reported res and max reported refresh rate. The ticked (circle) uses DDC information that has a drop down box at the side that has refresh rate overide tat has the options Disabled, same as desk top, 60hz, 70hz etc up to 100hz. Unticking the box highlights two further boxes....max res & max refresh that goes upto 200hz. sorry about the ghz mhz!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant