Monitor Question

woodchip 23:50 06 Jul 03

Has anybody had a Problem like this and what would you say is the problem? My monitor is a Hansol 700P with a PCI Creative 3D Blaster Banshee graphics card, on Win98 for some time it as been jumping in and out at the sides of the display by about three eighths of an inch on each side, the graphics was set to Optimal by the Inf driver file. and I was thinking it was a bad connection in the monitor, however I set the graphics to 75Mz and now no problem. any IDEAS

DieSse 23:58 06 Jul 03

Optimal is often the highest refresh rate that your monitor can support - and 75MHz is probably a lower rate.

So I suspect your monitor is beginning to get a bit fussed when it operates at high refresh rates.

To try and prove this, you could set your refresh rate to the highest your monitor can support, and see if the problem reappears.

woodchip 00:10 07 Jul 03

You are right as I just checked at 85 and it started strait away, are well it's about 4½ years old. Thank's for the input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…