Monitor Probs

luvduki 17:56 22 May 03

Hi there,

I have got a very big problem taht has increased over the past month or so. Now it has become unbearable.

My monitor keeps flickering to different colours. The one is mostly changes to is a dark yellow. It makes it very difficult to see some other colours and it has never happened for this long before.

Can it be anything else other than a monitor that needs replacing? :(

luvduki 18:10 22 May 03

(its currently stuck on yellow)

BrianW 18:10 22 May 03

It sounds like your monitor but could also be your graphics card. Simplest test is, if possible, to check the monitor on another machine. If it shows the same problem this will confirm the monitor. If not, its your card.

Rtus 18:16 22 May 03

The symptoms you describe sound like loose connecter on graphics card out (re-do connection while unit is off( check for bent poorly fitting pins))or monitor colour guns turning off which could simply be a dry joint /defective transistor/ capacitor.. A visit to repair shop would be cheap enough..However if another monitor is available try that first..On the other hand if your planning upgrading, Some 17" CRT monitors are less than £90 nowadays..

luvduki 04:58 27 May 03

I found out it was actually a lose connection from the monitor>to the PC.

I just thought I would return here to let u know what it was and say thx for the help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…