Monitor probs

swanny2 21:37 07 Apr 07

my sister just ranfg me,an sed here monitor wont come on proper.
she gets the bkue /red green colours and a message saying- Self Test -g or something l ike that.
the pc wont register or something an she canrt see nothing on the monitor,any ideas. plz.. tx.

Totally-braindead 23:22 07 Apr 07

Get her to double check the cable first, it might have just come adrift or be loose, but normally if a monitor does that it says something like no signal. But its a place to start.

swanny2 01:36 08 Apr 07

nagh shes done all that mate. tx. still no good
cud it b the graphic card?

mocha 05:05 08 Apr 07

You need to try the monitor on another computer to see if it's doing the same, if it's OK then it's your graphic's Card.

swanny2 14:36 09 Apr 07

well ive not heard off her .so i will give her the Advice thanks .

bof:) 16:33 09 Apr 07

if possible get her or someone able to check graphics card is seated properly.

AFT 19:22 07 May 07

Hi could anyone help me please. My computer has pink lines on it and I dont know what it is. Someone said it could be the graphics card. sometimes when i switch on one half of the screen is light pink and the other half is fine. I have swapped monitors to check but it is still doing the same. My card is a Radeon 9800 xxl.I have updated all the drivers and clean all the dust but no joy. any help would be appreciated.
many thanks

AFT

AFT 19:23 07 May 07

sorry the card is a 9800 XT....

Totally-braindead 20:01 07 May 07

AFT start your own thread.

AFT 20:14 07 May 07

Sorry..... how do i start a new thread? I am quite new here. apologies.

AFT 20:16 07 May 07

its ok i hink i hve found it. do i just go to 'new subject' and start there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…