monitor problems, no signal on start up

buffman 22:30 25 Dec 10

hello people!
i just upgraded my computer, i put in a new cpu (pentuim e5400), a new power supply (680w power extreme), and also a bfg 9800gtx+ oc that needs 1 6pin power connector.
by computer worked perfectly then i upgraded which now i turn on the computer and the monitor just says no signal, i need help everything is compatible ive run plugeg all the wires and i vant even get up the bio menu thing, ive tryed different moniters nothings working please help

Catastrophe 00:34 26 Dec 10

When the monitor say NO SIGNAL
does this stay on screen or does the screen then go blank?

Does the power light on the monotor flash or is it steady?

ashdav 00:54 26 Dec 10

Were you using onboard graphics before?
If so you will need to reconnect the monitor to the original video connector and change the video output in the BIOS.
Shut down the computer and reconnect the monitor to the graphics card.

buffman 12:31 26 Dec 10

the monitor goes black straight after it says no signal and the light stays yellow (on the monitor) but the computer keeps going

buffman 12:40 26 Dec 10

and i cant even get the bios to work i cant see them

ashdav 14:03 26 Dec 10

Can you answer the questions I asked in my previous post.
Need more info.

buffman 01:35 16 Jan 11

I could not do anyone the steps because I could not even do anything on it turned out CPU was dodgy thanks gor the help guys

lancer048 20:54 16 Jan 11

The problem may be complex but the answer is still very easy just check your monitor cable and get a new one to get the system running with full display.
Open Talk Magazine
magazine online
<a href="click here">magazine online</a>

woodchip 21:09 16 Jan 11

If it says no Signal. The Monitor is working but the PC is not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…