monitor problems

Newuser2 22:03 04 May 03

I have an 17" iiyama vision master pro, it's about 4 & a bit years old.
The graphics card is a Hercules Dynamite 16mb TNT card
The display sometimes distorts very badly but comes back to normal straight away, other times the display seems almost to twitch, other times the display almost pulsate's.
Any ideas anyone if it's the monitor or the graphics card playing up.
Any help will be very welcome.

woodchip 22:19 04 May 03

Do not know whare you live, but hears a phone number for Belper in Derbyshire for Monitor Repairs 01773-820537

howard60 07:05 05 May 03

two things 1. do you have a large magnetic source next to the monitor - some radios/speakers can give the effects you mention. 2 there is normally a degauss button on a monitor sometimes activated through the screen setup - this clears built up magnetic effects from the monitor. If all else fails visit the IIyama site and look at the FAQ's. Nowadays it is not worth having a monitor repaired unless under warranty.

DieSse 08:47 05 May 03

It's almost certainly the monitor - but to be 100% sure, you could try it on a friends system (though moving it could make the problem worse or better, just to confuse you!)

YAMA 09:03 05 May 03

the only sensible way is to take your monitor for a test, as it is the easyest thing to disconect & conect, all I can say that a monitor will last a lot longer than you think. unless it has been moved around a lot when conected, good luck with the test.

Newuser2 20:22 05 May 03

Thanks for all your help & suggestions.
I'll try each one in turn to see if it fixes the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…