Monitor Problems

Poloman69 16:37 05 Feb 03

I have recently purchased a nice new 19" monitor, but whenever i try and play games, it says that my Signal is out of range, and lots of pretty flashing lines appear over the screen.

How can i can the signal range to the safe values.

my Current values show as:

HS 81k
VS 160k

The Safe Values it wants are between:

HS 30 - 97k
VS 50 - 150k

MartinT-B 16:39 05 Feb 03

What is the make and model of the Monitor please

MartinT-B 16:40 05 Feb 03

Also, what graphics card are you using

Poloman69 16:43 05 Feb 03

a 1995fs monitor (there's no brand name - bought from Novatech.com i am using onboard graphics (pc chip motherboard)

Poloman69 16:46 05 Feb 03

sorry - its a CM1997FS using the SIS 630/730 adapter

woodchip 16:52 05 Feb 03

Download Driver from Hear and run it if there is a setup file if not come back hear click here

woodchip 16:53 05 Feb 03

PS it a GNR monitor

MartinT-B 17:11 05 Feb 03

It appears that the SIS adaptor might be showing it's age.

There are a few posts out there concerning gaming problems with it.

You might consider investing in a dedicated graphics card if you want to game.

Unless you are playing something like Morrowing or Sim City 4 you don't need an all singing all dancing card and should be able to pick up a AGP 4X at around £60-90.00

Or get the Connect3D ATI Radeon 9500 128MB DDR DVI/TV for £117.15 click here

woodchip 19:06 05 Feb 03

For new Drivers for your SIS card click here

Poloman69 21:22 06 Feb 03

Thanks for all the help, but it still isn't working. I am running win 98 (its the most stable OS i have used so still use it) running at 32 bit colour.

It still shows the same message

"Signal out of range" what else could it be?
I have downloaded the new drivers but still have the same message.

Djohn 21:30 06 Feb 03

From the website of your monitor.

While all our monitors are designed to be ‘Plug and Play’. We also provide drivers that can be installed from the ‘User’s Manual & Driver’ CD-Rom that comes with each monitor. You may also download the appropriate driver from our website.

If you are replacing a previous monitor while using the same Computer Operating System, we recommend you delete the old monitor device(s) from the Device Manager (Windows users: Control Panel -> Systems -> Device Manager) and install our driver from afresh. This can be achieved either from the ‘User’s Manual & Driver’ CD or to download appropriate driver from our website.
Alternatively you use the ‘Scan for hardware changes’ wizard on Windows XP™, or ‘Scan for new device’ wizard on Window 2000™ and Windows 98™. (Control panel -> Systems -> Device Manager), the new monitor device should be installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…