Monitor Problems

waksh 09:33 06 Jun 08

A few months back, i had this problem with my monitor where it kept turning on and off randomly every time on statup, it made a clicking sound and repeatedly turned on and off. Someone told me that the AC Adaptor had failed and I had to purchase a new one. So i didnt use the computer and left it for about a month and its hasnt been used since. I bought a new AC adapter and plugged it in (IT WAS A POWER SAVER ONE) and i think it gave a electric shot or something because i saw smoke coming from the back end of the monitor. I turned on the computer and the backlight turned off as soon as i got to the user selection screen. So i repowered the monitor and it stayed for about a second then turned off again, this is the problem. Ive even tried the old adapter and its the same problem as the new one, any ideas guys, really need your help

thanks

woodchip 09:42 06 Jun 08

"AC Adaptor" not the external on, but the inverter in the screen that powers it as failed. may cost £80

waksh 09:43 06 Jun 08

so the actualy monitor needs reparing, is that what ur saying?

woodchip 09:48 06 Jun 08

Yes Inverters can be a problem with TFT's

waksh 09:53 06 Jun 08

oh, i think im best with a new LCD, i can get an LCD for £80

woodchip 10:01 06 Jun 08

Is this a Laptop or Desktop? as if a Desktop the Power adapter can be inside or a external one, but Backlight is always inside. So if a Desktop it will be the backlight inside the Screen. If you have a outside Adapter for power to it. In both cases its going to cost to repair it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017