monitor problems

jlate 19:55 23 Dec 06

Hello, i've been having a few difficulties with my monitor for a little while now...at least i hope its my monitor.
I've got a Dell dimension 2400, fairly standard low spec computer, with a basic monitor.
Although the computer seems to be working ok, i've beem experiencing what seems like power surges on the monitor, this has now developed to a point where the screen image is expanded beyond the screen size. I've tried adjusting the resolution, but this just ends up with the screen getting darker. to use it at all involves a painful use of the controls external to the monitor to move the screen around.
I think i need to replace the monitor, but i don't want to spend money on one if it sounds like its something else...whddayouthink?

VoG II 19:59 23 Dec 06

Sounds like either the monitor or the graphics card and the only way to tell is by substitution. Obviously it would be easier to try a different monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…