monitor problems

fujeni 19:37 18 Apr 06

i have a sony laptop and wld like to connect amonitor i have tried connecting to the monitor port but what it does is it starts showing windows but then when it comes to the icon screen it shows on my laptop screen but not on my extra monitor anybody know what i am doing wrong pls thanks

wobblymike 19:48 18 Apr 06

It's been a while but I used to have to cofigure my laptop to do this when I was giving presentations. You need to press Ctrl (or it might be Alt) F5, you may have to do this a few times to get the configuration right. Let me know how you get on.

fujeni 19:58 18 Apr 06

thanks wobblymike i will try and let you know thanks

fujeni 22:44 23 May 06

have only just got back to my computer i tried what you said but nothing happened at all any ideas sorry been so long thanks

woodchip 22:58 23 May 06

You need to go into Control Panel\Display\Settings Advanced look for dual display

woodchip 22:59 23 May 06

It is the graphics adapter that controls it

fujeni 11:29 24 May 06

thanks for your help i have gone into display but can not find dual display ,but on the settings window it has a 1 and a 2 i wonder if i click or drag these about.

woodchip 16:10 24 May 06

yes if you see two monitors you are in the right place. you may need to load the graphics adapter drivers for it to work

fujeni 17:29 27 May 06

back onthe computer again how do i load the graphics adapter drivers thanks

woodchip 17:57 27 May 06

They should be on the CD rom that you got with the Graphics card. If this is a prebuilt then you need to go to the card Web site for the latest drivers for your card. If it's built in then it would be on the Motherboard CD or again go to computer builders site for updated graphics drivers. Mine auto installed when I played with the settings as it new what I was trying to do

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…