monitor problems

only me 08:48 07 Jun 04

hi can anyone help on my other computer i had picked spyware viruses which nav couldn't remove so on advice from forum i installed spybot and adaware which quarantined them on more advice i deleted but when i went to my mail server task bar on top had lines of dots running down so tried to skin and was told corrupted download so tried system restore before i installed programs no good choose point 1/6/04 win shut down on opening the screen was a miss mash of color and couldn't shut down tried reset no good so unplugged computer now have just black screen i have xp home with LCD monitor about 2 months old

Stuartli 10:10 07 Jun 04

You could try connecting the LCD to your other system and seeing if it works OK on that one.

If so go into Safe Mode and try reinstalling the graphics card drivers on the system that's playing up.

Make sure that you only use the LCD's default resolution settings on either system - it is not like a CRT monitor with a wide range of resolution capabilities.

If the LCD is still playing up afterwards then get in touch with the retailer

only me 16:49 07 Jun 04

Hi i am totally ignorant about comps, so told a friend what you said, he come down took monitor, tried on his, come back put it back, pressed f4 or f8?got it running went to incredimail with my premium codes job done i will have to buy book and start learning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…