monitor problem,low resolution?

kolh 10:58 14 Jun 03

Hi hope you can help.Problem with daughters computer.The monitor appears to be running on a low resolution.The screen almost appears as if the computer is running in safe mode(though its not)any help appreciated!!running win98 by the way.thanks.

MichelleC 11:08 14 Jun 03

Have a look in device manager for a yellow ! under monitor and change driver.

woodchip 11:31 14 Jun 03

Or adapter in Device Manager, to fin Right Click on My computer choose properties look for any yellow in there. If none come back for advice on screen colours

kolh 19:45 14 Jun 03 device manager there are no ! marks listed.I have a standard pci graphics adaptor and plug and play monitor.In display properties the nenu only allows me to choose betwean 2 and 16 colours.Should there be more?thanks!

Jester2K II 19:48 14 Jun 03

Sounds like drivers are not installed for either card or monitor hence low res and colours. Have you got drivers for either. Can you provide make and models of both??

woodchip 21:11 14 Jun 03

As above you need to load the Drivers from the CD you got, or download from the Site of maker of your card

kolh 17:14 15 Jun 03

Hello everybody! and thanks!!! the problem has been resolved.Put Belarc through machine(as i didnt have any documentation/driver disks for it) got mobo and vga details downloaded driver for vga off the net and everything works fine.Many thanks for all your time and effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…