Monitor Problem - screen shifts to the left during

mmack 10:03 11 Jun 05

As above the screen does this ,sometimes often , sometimes seldom during use...I have recently moved house and it has only started happening since i've set up the pc .It's simple but a pain to re-align the screen.
Any ideas, or is it down to the shops to buy a new one?

DieSse 11:10 11 Jun 05

Assuming it's a CRT monitor! - instead of resetting the monitor, try "whacking" it with the flat of your hand in various places - sides - top - back.

If it jumps back, or jumps about, then there is a problem internally in the monitor - usually it's as cheap to get a new monitor as to try and get it fixed.

Also undo the connection cable, and push it in and out of the socket a couple of times - do not overtighten the thumbscrews.

Arnie 18:01 11 Jun 05

mmack
As DieSse said: "Assuming it's a CRT monitor".

Follow the instructions given by DieSse.

If the picture jerks back and forth across the screen as mentioned, it’s most likely a line scan fault.

For example, a dry joint on any part of the line scan circuitry. Unless you have the technical knowledge to inspect and look for possible track fractures/bad soldered joints etc, it's not worth paying for a repair.

CRT monitors can be bought cheaply for under £100, including a 3 year warranty.

mmack 20:24 11 Jun 05

It is a CRT, and I'll give those tips a try - I'll hopefully scrape together the cash for a flat screen anyway, thanks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…