Monitor problem

tipu 15:52 31 Jan 03

When I start my PC I can not see anything on the monitor.But I can see my is ON. I checked all the cable and my Monitor. My monitor is ok.Do I need to change the video card or the processor. If anybody know the solution please let me know.

Thanks

TOPCAT® 16:52 31 Jan 03

... with the video card, if you've proved the monitor and cables are okay. It's possible the card has become unseated slightly in its slot, so check for that and for any signs of fan failure (not spinning) on the card and processor.

'But I can see my is ON' - is that monitor power switch or light? TC.

PSF 16:52 31 Jan 03

Have you tried removing and refitting the video card to make sure it is seating correctly.

Before you remove the card leave the power plug in but switched OFF at the mains, and then touch the metal side frames to make sure that you are earthed, as static can destroy the card.

Diemmess 18:08 31 Jan 03

As a quick check by substitution...... borrow one from a friend or try yours on his.

No need to adjust or bother with software. If the thing lights up on a different computer then obviously you look deeper into your box for the fault.........If it doesn't~~~~~~~~~~~ time to buy a new one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…