Monitor Problem

Gruntos 02:06 21 Apr 07

Thanks for reading this.

I have recently purchased a new laptop. The laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-FE41E running Vista Home Premium edition. Everything is working fine with the laptop.

In time I got a bit fed up with watching movies on the laptop, so I brought a widescreen monitor, a Samsung 215TW. The choice of monitor was determined by the number of inputs. I have connected my Xbox 360 using the component input. This works without any problem. The DVD is connected using the DVI-D input. Again this works no problem. The aim was then to connect my laptop via the VGA or RGB port as Samsung describe it. This is where my problems started.

I have connected the laptop to the monitor and there is no picture. I then run the self test program on the monitor and it says check the Analog signal cable. I've now tried two different VGA cables with the same result. I tried connecting the laptop to an old CRT monitor via the VGA port and this worked without a hitch. I've also tried fiddling with the nview options as my laptop has an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 graphics card without success. The last thing I tried was the Windows Mobility Center. Unfortunately this again failed to have any impact. The situation is rather frustrating.

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Thanks

ICF 07:40 21 Apr 07

Have a look of page 108 of your manual.

ICF 08:05 21 Apr 07
  Gruntos 16:51 29 Apr 07

Thanks for your suggestions.

I do apologise for multiple postings of this problem. I wasn't sure if the issue lay with Windows Vista or the graphics card. It would appear it was neither.

After searching on the Vaio forums website, there is an obscure setting in the VAIO Control Center (Centre)option that relates to external display detection setting (Start>VAIO Control Center>Display>External Display Detection Setting). Under this setting you need to ensure that the tick box (Change the external display detection method) is selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…