Monitor problem

richyboi 15:53 25 Jul 04

Ive disconnected my wire for my monitor connected to my laptop. 24 hours later i reconnected the wire and yet the monitor appears to turn on for about 5seconds as the laptop switches on and then just goes off again. I tried the laptop with another Dell monitor and the same problem occured again. This has happened before and it corrected itself, but i don't know what's happeened this time. Ive tried the monitor just on its own and it switches on easy enough when not connected and shows a white screen. Please help! Thanks in advance.

woodchip 15:59 25 Jul 04

laptop settings as got to be the problem not the monitor. check by right clicking on empty desktop\properties\settings\monitor when you have the "monitor connected" this should be done with the laptop switched off

richyboi 16:13 25 Jul 04

I can only just read the writing on the screen because the backlight has gone. The monitor is registered as something along the lines of plug and something monitor. Thanks for the help so far, any more suggestions at all?

woodchip 16:27 25 Jul 04

Do You mean the laptop monitor is not lighting up?

richyboi 16:42 25 Jul 04

The monitor light will turn green to show that it is coming on and then there is a click from the monitor and the light turns orange and so the monitor just doesn't come on in the end.

spuds 17:59 25 Jul 04

Here's a good monitor problem solving site click here

woodchip 21:25 25 Jul 04

Can you see the monitor on your Laptop if so do as I said above in my first post. On your Laptop

richyboi 21:32 25 Jul 04

Any other help at all cos it still aint sorted(:()

richyboi 21:49 25 Jul 04

I think i'm very close now. I have had the monitor off and i went to the settings of the monitor and an option has come available saying....
monitor is energy stat complient.
Also instead of it registered as a plug in monitor it now actually states the model. I am so close right now i think what do i do from here now? Thanks in advance!

richyboi 22:58 25 Jul 04

(:()

richyboi 13:20 26 Jul 04

last try, i promise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…