Monitor problem

I have a an AOC TFT monitor LM520A and I have been trying to alter the brightness using the OSD but to no avail.There must be something wrong with the OSD as whatever the level is set at there is no difference on the screen. Any of you clever people out there have any ideas of how to cure this?

Pesala 18:04 26 Mar 04

Do you have a manual for the monitor? Perhaps it is necessary to save settings for them to take effect. Otherwise, let's hope someone with the same AOC monitor passes by.

Pesala 18:05 26 Mar 04

I already have the manual for this monitor and I have been doing exactly as it says in the manual,but still no difference.
I wonder if the graphics card drivers need to be updated,although the computer is only 6 months old.

Pesala 19:48 26 Mar 04

The life time of the back-light is limited. After 30,000 hours, the luminance of the light has been reduced to half of its original value.

Please send the monitor to an authorized service agent for service.

Hard to believe that the monitor has been used for ten hours a day for 3,000 days already, though presumably one might begin to notice a loss of brightness and contrast after two or three years fairly continuous use.

The monitor is only about 18 months old and has hardly been used until about 2 months ago. I doubt if it has even been in use for 500 hours.

Djohn 20:25 26 Mar 04

Hi jpieter.Are you seeing the slider bar move and the numbers increase/decrease as you adjust the setting?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:01 26 Mar 04

Can u try altering it with the graffix card settings depending on what card u have most have brightness,colour and contrast controll.

Regards.

Yes.I am the seeing the slider bar move and the numbers increase/decrease as you adjust the setting.I have been into the graphics card settings,there are not many there,no brightness or contrast controls. The card is an nvidia Geforce fx5200.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:08 27 Mar 04

What drivers have you got for your card? the new forceware drivers 56.64 give you controlls in the advanced settings i have then on my 440mx and other card with the same driver so i assume they would be there on yours as they nvidea cards.There is gamma,brightness,color corection,digital brigtness and hue.

Reagrds.

Thanks 'A nickname', I have just installed the mentioned 56.64 drivers and I have adjusted the brightness and it is now perfect.Thanks for everyones help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…